Monday, March 22, 2010

Half-Baked ~ 20 weeks!!


I am officially 20 weeks (and 1 day) pregnant!!! I can't believe it. I feel like we've known we were pregnant forever, but I can't believe I'm half way there. The time went by fast, but I have a feeling the next half will go by even faster. Between moving, our babymoon vacation, and going to St. Louis for baby showers and weddings, I think Baby French is going to be here before we know it!


This past weekend was lots of fun! Lauren (my BFF) came to Dallas to help Jack and I register and to go shopping. She has a 6 month old baby girl, Elle, so it was literally a Godsend that she was able to come down (on her Spring Break) and help us. I don't see how I could have done it without her. I was so overwhelmed. How do you know what you're going to need if you've never had a baby before! There are SO many choices. I left baby French's fate in the hands of Lauren and Elle. I followed Lauren around with my checklist and Jack followed me with the scanning gun as she said "you need 5 of these, 2 of these, 6 of these..." it was awesome! She even picked out my carseat for me.


Babies R' Us and Pottery Barn Kids are DONE...I am going to keep looking around and may register at Target and some other places too. But the biggest chunks are out of the way.


Nursery Furniture is a whole other story. It was very fun going through the furniture store, but when they didn't have exactly what I wanted, it was devestating. Booohooo for me and I'm going to keep on looking.


We are MOVING this weekend and words cannot express how excited Jack and I are. I am SOOOO OVER the apartment living. We are more than doubling the amount of space we have and I plan on filling every square inch of it! My fabulous husband packed up most of our stuff last week while I was in Seattle for work, so we are just about ready to go. I will post some pictures next week of our "before" townhouse (meaning before I finish decorating). I have been holding back from buying pretty much anything for the baby's room until we moved...but after this weekend, it's on!
Here's another pic of my ever-growing belly...please excuse the see-through shirt and too tight work out pants.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Adorable belly pics!! Yay for 20 weeks!!!