Sunday, March 28, 2010

21 weeks! (First "kick" and Moving Weekend)


We are FINALLY done with the apartment living! Hooray. We moved this weekend in to our new Townhouse in Dallas (actually in Carrollton, a suburb of Dallas, near Plano). Saturday was a big day...we started at 7 a.m. Jack's friends Matt and Mark came to help (thank goodness) and loaded a Uhaul. Don't worry, I didn't lift anything heavy. But I did work my butt off :) I think this is the first time I've actually helped Jack move us. I packed my car full of all of my clothes and little stuff all by myself and just took a million trips back and forth to my car to get them all in my closet.
Besides being EXHAUSTED, I am feeling really good. I felt the baby "kick" for the first time with my hand (rather than just from the inside) which was really cool. It was very soft but so cool. She moves around all day long. When I wake up in the morning she's always right in the middle of my belly. At night she's the most active (which makes it hard to fall asleep, I must say) which the books say is typical because the movement during the day acts as "rocking" her to sleep. Then at night when I'm still, she's like "what's going on here, where's my rocker". We have our "Big" ultrasound tomorrow (when you usually find out the sex of the baby) and they measure all the organs and body parts. I will post some pictures and confirm she is still a she!

Here are some BEFORE pictures that I took and some that were on the listing (NOT our furniture in the pictures). I will post my AFTER pictures when I'm all done decorating. It's so nice to have so much space. And it's so much fun decorating...although I spent most of the weekend searching for the "perfect" tv stand for Jack's new t.v. (I finally found one today at World Market).

Living Room (not our furniture): I am going to paint the cut-outs a darker tan as accents. The fireplace mantel is as tall as me.



View from Kitchen looking in to living room (and Lauren):


Stairs:



Dining Room (not our furniture):


Give me a few weeks (or more) to get this place looking cute and I will post more pictures. Can't wait to start on the Baby's Room!!!






1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Congrats on the new place!! It looks awesome!!